A traveller is most often fond of photography and a professional photographer is almost always fond of travelling and loves to capture photos of his explorations. This beautiful combination has given the world several gems in the form of amazing photographs of beautiful sights, scenes and of course, living beings. If you are a travel photographer, here is a list of some of the best cameras for travel photography for you to consider.
1. The Fujifilm X-T2 – With standout features like full mechanical dial core settings, electronic viewfinder, cinema 4k video, five-axis image stabilization and many more, the Fujifilm X-T2 is undoubtedly a top choice for travellers around the world. A robust body and the well-balanced 24.3 megapixel sensor work impressively at all times and under any circumstances. It promises amazing control and ease of use with a little practice. The Fuji’s proprietary film emulations, like in all Fujifilm models, are loaded in this camera too, allowing smooth shooting with little to almost no post-processing requirements.
2. The Sony A7RII – This model from the Sony A7 series is one of the top mirrorless-cameras so popular among travel photographers. With an exceptionally sharp 42.4 megapixel back-illuminated sensor and a 35mm full frame, this camera will hardly disappoint you irrespective of the adverse shooting environments. It effectively packs numerous pixels into its sensors and is incomparable in this regard. Some of its other features include Wi-Fi, electronic viewfinder, 4K video, USB charging, hybrid autofocus and five-axis image stabilization. Using a Metabones adapter with these lenses is recommended for the users.
3. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 – This particular Panasonic model is perfect for the travel photography beginners are is often preferred as a backup camera by the pros. The most remarkable feature of this model comes in the form of the moveable electronic viewfinder. It makes shooting videos surprisingly easy and effective whether you want a 90 degree shot, a 45 degree shot, a fully vertical shot or a low angle one. The tilt and swivel OLED monitor and low-light autofocus are among the other notable features. It is also splash and dust proof ensuring longer life.
4. The Olympus TG-4 – This model from Olympus comes under the category of one-pocket size, rugged and point-and-shoot cameras that perform exceedingly well and are very easy to handle. The TG-4 model is the first rugged camera with the potential for RAW shooting. It is a go-anywhere-and-everywhere camera in the true sense as you can use it from 50 feet underwater, drop it or operate it in dusty environments without damaging it or affecting the image it captures. The camera comes with a .3 BSI CMOS sensor and 16 megapixels along with features like interval shooting, super macro modes and advanced GPS.
5. The Nikon Cool Pix P900 – This model from Nikon is one of the most affordable travel-friendly cameras available out there. The Nikon Cool Pix P900 boasts of an excellent focal length coupled with a very helpful stabilization system that makes long distance travel shooting smooth, easy and highly effective. Apart from the .3 sensor and 16 megapixels, the model has several beneficial features like Wi-Fi, electronic viewfinder, USB charging, preset modes, multi-axis horizon viewfinder aide, GPS and a very useful articulating screen. Using a tripod with this camera is recommended.
While all of these are top models with praiseworthy functionality, make sure to choose your camera based on what suits your style of travel photography and what are your expectations from the camera.