When storing photos online, every photographer has distinctive needs. For example, the best option for someone who wants to store family photos privately may differ from the best option for someone who wants to build a public collection and take advantage of tagging, organizing, and sharing tools. An array of storage solutions are available online, from those designed for general use to software made specifically for photographers.
Before you dive in and start uploading your images, you’ll have to review a few features with any photo storage option you examine. Before you commit, think carefully about the following items:
To help narrow down the top choices for you, consider the following three strategies for storing photos online.
Start Small With a Basic Storage Option
Image via Flickr by WWW.MONTELIUS.INFO
Dropbox and Google Drive are two solutions for storage in general. Although you won’t find many options for sharing or tagging photos specifically, you’ll enjoy a simple interface and easy uploading and downloading. Dropbox provides only 2GB of storage for free, but Google Drive provides free unlimited photo storage. The latter option also offers automatic camera roll backup.
If you go with Google Drive, a resolution limit exists for photos (maximum 16 megapixels) and a limit for album size (2,000 photos max per folder). Also, Google Drive doesn’t feature any encryption options. If you use Google Drive Dropbox, investigate how a cloud access security broker can safeguard photos and other digital media in virtual spaces.
Upgrade When You Need More Space
If you need more storage space, consider Amazon Drive. This service offers 10TB of storage space for $50, and you won’t have to wrestle with resolution limits. However, this option is a bit minimal. No tagging, editing, or organization tools exist for photos with Amazon Drive.
If you can get by with less space, consider OneDrive. Microsoft’s storage solution offers 15GB of free storage — 1TB for Office 365 users. Additionally, the software will automatically tag the images you upload to help keep them organized. As with Google Drive, however, Office 365 lacks local file encryption and has a file limit (20,000 per account).
Consider an Option to Share and Back Up Your Photos
If your primary goal in uploading files is to share them, consider Flickr. Although Flickr is not a cloud storage solution, you’ll have access to 1TB of free storage and the ability to upload and edit photos. You have the option of keeping your images private, opening them up for use with a Creative Commons license, or making them publicly viewable but only usable under certain conditions.
Another excellent option for photographers who like sharing is IDrive. This service provides 2TB of cloud backup and 2TB of cloud sync space for an annual fee. IDrive also backs up the photos you upload to Facebook and Instagram and is one of only a few storage options that provide private encryption.
You’ll find many storage options as you continue your research. Keep these recommendations in mind, and remember that each one offers different benefits in terms of storage space, security, shareability, and organization.
The holidays are hard when you’re tired. It’s not that you’re a Scrooge or allergic to eggnog. The real problem is how much work they are!The lead up to the festivities lasts over a month long, and it involves shopping, decorating, baking, cooking, and all the extra socializing on top of working and running your household as usual. It’s a small wonder you manage to find the time to sleep.
When you’re low on energy, you need to simplify your holiday chores if you expect to get them out of the way with your sanity intact. Lucky for you, there are ways to hack the holidays as an exhausted shopper. Peruse this quick list of super simple gifts for inspiration. These presents may take minimal effort to snag, but they won’t look that way to the people on your list.
Wrap up printed photographsfor a thoughtful gesture
When everyone has a mini camera and photo album at the tip of their fingers, few take the opportunity to print out their snaps. Where their mantels, walls, and bookshelves once sported these photographs are now empty — and begging to be decorated!
Fill them up again with the help of an online printing company like Social Print Studio. All you have to do is send them your family and friends’ snaps, Instagram pics, and other photographs, and they’ll print them onto almost any surface. You have a choice of photobooks, wooden prints, magnets, calendars, and more. No surface is harder than the next. Whether you choose a modest print or something more elaborate, you can have a personalized piece of sentimentality that’s perfect for the season with only a few clicks of your mouse.
Stuff stockings with customized decals for the whole family
Dad may have the latest Galaxy Note 8, your cousin might have a beat up Moto G, and your partner has a matching iPhone 8 next to yours. Just because everyone prefers different tech doesn’t mean you can’t get everyone a personalized decal.
The folks behind dbrand skins and the new Grip case make it easy to build a unique Galaxy Note 8 decal in dad’s favorite colors, before moving onto a Moto G skin fit for your cousin. The online building feature is so easy that you could customize your new iPhone 8 along with everyone else’s device with your own iPhone 8 skin and not once break a sweat. And with these skin’s scratch-free, grime-resistant, and grip-enhancing material, that sense of calm will follow you and your loved ones as long as the decal stays on.
Send a warm and sweet treat to a special person
Anyone who claims they don’t like a Starbucks latte is lying. Made of fat, sugar, and magic, these foamy drinks are hard to hate. Our love for this cup full of steamed milk is practically built into our DNA, and even the most health-conscious person will find it hard to resist on a cold day.
That is, if it has their favorite syrup. Psychically knowing what that flavor is isn’t always easy. While your friend Stacey may embrace her status as a basic b*tch because of her love for pumpkin spice, your co-worker Dan may prefer his peppermint mochas. Don’t waste time humming and ha-ing at the cash register. Just send them an e-gift certificate for a latte, paired with a stylish Rose Gold thermos, and they can order their customized drink perfectly. And since you can order both online, you won’t have to leave your spot on the couch as you re-watch Stranger Things 2.
That is — if you can find the time to queue up Netflix. It’s more likely you’ll have to whiz around online to order these gifts as you multi-task on another project, but the simplicity of these presents means you won’t be taking any more time out of your day. Test it out to see how easy these ideas are and give yourself a break this holiday.
IRS Tax Form 1040, also called the U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, is used to report gross income as an individual. You must generally file a 1040 Form by April 15th unless you get an automatic extension. Read below to learn more details about when you should use Form 1040 for taxes.
When to File Form 1040
Some of the requirements for submitting a 1040 Form are:
You can obtain a Form 1040 online or from your local post office.
Form 1040A and 1040EZ
Were you aware that there are other individual income tax return forms besides Form 1040? Here’s what the other ones are and when you may want to consider using them:
Basically, if you want to get the most tax breaks, use the standard Form 1040. Otherwise, you may want to opt for one of these shorter forms.
If you have a sole proprietorship with employees, you’ll need an EIN to fill out your Form 1040. IRS-EIN-Tax-ID has a quick EIN application process online. You can also easily get an EIN number for an estate or any other purpose if you need to.
Jaipur is the definitive bachelorette party idea. Parties can take place anywhere, but if you are planning high adrenaline adventures, then Jaipur is the place. A lifetime’s bachelorette party is the one she will always remember. Therefore, just gang up all the females on your list for a destination party in Jaipur. The marriage and its celebrations definitely make everyone busy. It is the bachelorette party for the woman that helps her in rethinking the whole situation of marriage. There’s no better gift than the gift of travel. If you want to enjoy your bachelor party to the fullest, select the best hotels in Jaipur. You can also enjoy shopping on the streets of Jaipur. It has the royal charm to all the handmade artifacts and other things. The wonderful palaces are sure to provide a time which you will never forget in your life. So, pamper yourself with a dose of royalty and luxury.
Jaipur is the perfect dose for your bachelorette party if your interest lies in art and exotic culture. The Hawa Mahal has a structure in the shape of honeybee comb which has more than 900 windows. The windows in the ancient time allowed the women of the royal families to look at the processions going in the city without being noticed. So gang up girls for gazing the city through the tiny windows of the Palace. When going to Jaipur for a bachelorette party, how can the blessings of Lord Krishna be missed? So don’t forget to visit the Govind Devji temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. You can even save these moments of your stay and experiences by becoming a travel photographer with a few quick tips. On the other hand, the Amber Fort has Sheesh Mahal for the lovely ladies out there. You can adorn yourselves in the mirror tiles on the ceilings and walls of the Mahal. Jantar Mantar, one of the five astronomical observatories of North India comprises of fourteen notable devices to determine the planets, time, orbits and various other celestial objects. The huge collection of the giant sculptures is a way of measuring the heavenly bodies of the universe.
The famous Johari Bazaar will give you whatever you need for your wedding planning be it silver earrings or juttis and many more. Also, the bazaar at the City center gives you a chance to buy precious jewels, textiles, flowers, and artifacts, Girls definitely need to bargain out there for some good prices. Jaipur’s bazaars sell embroidered leather shoes, blue pottery, tie and dye scarves and other exotic wares.
Visiting Jaipur and considering a perfect stay option. The best hotels in Jaipur will definitely give you remarkable experience. The palaces and the forts are the best options if you are planning to have a royal affair. The hotels come in every size and shape. The stunning and enchanted city of Jaipur should definitely be on your travel bucket.
A trip to Jaipur is incomplete without visiting Chokhi Dhani where you get to indulge yourself in authentic Rajasthani food. An evening well spent at Chokhi Dhani will add to the village charm of your party. An altogether different experience, you will get to experience the life and soul of the state. One can truly get the real meaning of Rajasthani heritage and hospitality if you happen to visit chokhi Dhani. There are varieties of some well-known mouth-watering dishes of Jaipur. Dal Bati Churma is a fusion of three foods and a trip to Jaipur is incomplete if the gorgeous girls do not wallow in it. Mawa Kachori, another exotic dessert made from mawa and dry fruits is a delicacy.
With new laws having gone into effect early in 2017, California joined Alaska, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts and Nevada as a “green friendly” state. The new laws have essentially legalized recreational marijuana by allowing individuals to use and carry marijuana without a prescription, but can California become the capital of cannabis?
The Pros: California is one of the largest, and most well-known states. Once an industry takes off in California, it becomes popular quickly and easily. Marijuana delivery is not even a new industry in California. In 1996, California was the first state to legalize the use of medical cannabis. Since then, many dispensaries have offered their business to individuals with an appropriate doctor’s order. There are plenty of dispensaries that offer medical marijuana delivery in Los Angeles that will also bring marijuana right to your door as long as you can provide the appropriate documentation.
The Cons: The change from medical to recreational is taking some time and at least for the moment, there is no way to legally obtain marijuana for recreational purposes. The chance will mean that many dispensaries will have to go through the tedious, and potentially expensive process of re-licensing in order to sell recreationally. Some dispensaries may choose to opt out of the change, which will delay the transition and ultimately hurt California’s cannabis business. Before California can claim the top spot, it will also need to compete with Colorado, which already has an established reputation for cannabis use and has plenty of recreational dispensaries and cannabis delivery options.
It is unclear about whether California can even begin to compete with Colorado when it comes to the cannabis business until 2018, when dispensaries can start becoming licensed to carry marijuana for recreational purposes. As of right now, California may be in the running, but it has a long way to go to becoming the capital of cannabis.
South East Asia is comprised of countries that lie geographically north of Australia, including south of East Asia, west of Oceania and the Pacific Ocean and east of South Asia and the Bay of Bengal. The region boasts all manner of attraction sites that are sure to appeal to the traveler in you. From the centuries-old temples to natural scenic beauty, there is simply no getting enough of the sights here. If you are planning a vacation any time soon, why not consider visiting South East Asia? The following is a list of the top 5 sights of South East Asia to help you plan the perfect vacation.
1. Temples at Bagan, Myanmar
If you have been to the Sunset Boulevard streets in LA and have marveled at the beauty of the setting sun, then you may be forgiven for thinking you have seen enough. The Temples at Bagan in Myanmar take this experience to a whole new level.
The high-rising temples situated on the Bagan plains are a sight to behold. Besides being great architectural marvels, the fact that there are so many of them in one place adds to their overall charm. If you are looking to escape into the spiritual realm, then a trip to South East Asia should certainly include a visit to these temples.
2. Bali, Indonesia
Bali is one island in Indonesia that perfectly fits the description of Heaven on Earth. In administrative terms, it is merely a province in Indonesia, but in the world of travel and tourism, the island boasts natural attractions, a relaxed atmosphere and a perfect climate.
Bali is also home to some of the world’s most enchanting beaches, ranging from black to sandy. There are plenty of water sports to keep you entertained at the beaches, as well as restaurants that serve both local and exotic dishes.
Accommodation is offered at the island’s exquisite villas, most of which offer additional services such as spa treatment and massage therapy.
3. Halong Bay, Vietnam
Halong Bay is the perfect place to experience nature in the raw. Also known as “The Bay of Descending Dragons”, it presents a breathtaking karst topographical view (formed by the dissolution of soluble rocks such as dolomite, gypsum and limestone), that juts out of the sea to form more than 2000 limestone islets.
Cruises among these formations are available, with occasional landings on the islets, giving visitors the opportunity to enjoy activities such as trekking and rock climbing.
Visitors to Halong Bay should observe the seasons, because the Monsoons that occur from June to September and January to March, may impair visibility. Be that as it may, the bay still holds its charm, especially since it is one of the few least-crowded tourist sites in South-East Asia.
4. Luang Prabang, Laos
The entire area of Luang Prabang is a listed UNESCO World Heritage site. Their greatest claims to fame are the numerous Colonial and Lao architectural structures scattered throughout the city. There are temples here that not only serve as spiritual places of worship, but also reveal more of the architectural heritage of the Laos people. Luang Prabang is also known for its alms procession and haute cuisine.
Make sure during your stay, to not miss the daily morning rituals performed by monks clad in saffron-colored robes as they go around accepting food donations. The jungle that surrounds Luang Prabang teems with majestic waterfalls, crystal-clear bathing pools and lonely caves.
5. Mount Kinabalu in Malaysia
Mount Kinabalu is Borneo’s highest mountain and the perfect place for mountain climbers and those who simply enjoy spending time out in the wild. The mountain is not only one of the most accessible in the world, but also offers climbers a smooth and straight ascent. It is predominantly snow-capped however, so climbers do need plenty of resilience to arrive at the top of the 4,095-metre peak, where they will be able to enjoy views stretching as far as the Philippines, provided that the fog is not too dense.
Even on those days when the fog doesn’t allow for these extensive views, the fresh air, green vegetation and the calmness of the surrounding makes the climb up Mount Kinabalu exceptionally worthwhile.
Travelling is a passion and every traveller understands the importance of capturing the precious moments and framing them forever. When you are back from a trip, all you have are the images of various places, person, food and every single thing you have experienced.
And then, it is time to showcase them for the rest of the world so that they take on a similar journey through your images.
When it comes to editing photos and making them livelier, here is a list of 5 of the top software for photographers worth considering.
1. Picasa –Picasa, a product from Google, tops the list because as free editing software, it is as much loved by the pros as it is suitable for the amateurs. Apart from being a simple yet amazing photo editor, it helps in sorting, tagging and organizing your photos under categories. The built-in photo features help you fiddle with the alignment, contrast, brightness and red-eye quotient of your photos. You can also add interesting colour and blur effects using a number of filters that are available. What makes Picasa outstanding is its feature that allows creating slideshows, web publishing and sharing photos via email.
2. Lightroom 5 – The Adobe Lightroom 5 is the perfect photography editing software for photographers working with large volumes of images. Creative professionals and travel enthusiasts love this super-efficient product that makes it possible to edits to entire batches of photos at once. You can also geo-tag and group your snaps instantly using this program. The software might not be too easy to adapt for the beginners but once you get a hang of it, you will simply love working with it. The best part is that Lightroom 5 is compatible with all types of files along with multimedia slideshows.
3. PhotoPlus 6.0 – This one is an older version of the PhotoPlus family but it is free and is worth a mention because it is amazingly good and user-friendly. With several similar features as in Adobe Photoshop, it allows you to create, edit, enhance and manipulate your already brilliant travel photos. The user-interface is slightly older but extremely easy to handle even for the amateur photo editors. Downloading it might require you to provide some personal information but overall, it’s a good value for money and a photo editing software you can rely on for quick and effective outcome.
4. Elements 11 – Elements 11 is yet another product from Adobe and it comes with easy-to-navigate tutorials for beginners. It is one of the most intuitive photo editing software allowing you to learn new skills, work on retouching quickly and try hybridizing the photos in an Expert mode. If you are up for some detailed and precise editing, you are going to love the Auto-analyzer feature that automatically picks your best shots among the lot. All you need is to give it a companion program for video editing and a plug-in for RAW files and it will work just fine.
5. Gimp – An open source alternative to Photoshop, Gimp offers you with a whole range of travel photo editing features including excellent filters, cropping, resizing, layer support and so on. If you are used to Photoshop, you will be able to adapt to this software rather quickly. You can follow a few tutorials and realize the amazing ways in which you can turn a rather plain image to a beauty with the Gimp. Installation gets easy when you follow the documentation accompanied by the software itself.
So, get your hands on these advanced software products and let your travel photos shine brighter and more enriching to look at.
Australia is one of those countries that offer an abundance of sights and activities to suit any traveler. If you are considering a trip to this beautiful country, there is no doubt that you’ll be kept busy during your entire stay. Following is list of the top 5 sights in Australia to help you plan your vacation.
1. The Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef, located off the coast of Queensland in the North-Eastern part of Australia, is definitely worth a visit. The largest coral reef in the world, the Great Barrier Reef is one of Australia’s most amazing natural wonders. At about 2300 km long, the reef is home to many species of colorful fish, starfish, dolphins, turtles, sharks and of course, corals. Thousands of reefs and islands of both hard and soft corals make up The Great Barrier Reef, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is larger than The Great Wall of China and is the only living thing on the planet that is visible from outer space.
2. Sydney Harbour Bridge
Visiting Sydney and not taking the time to enjoy the spectacular sight of the city illuminated at night is simply not an option. Sydney Harbour Bridge, built way back in 1932, is an iconic structure in the city that provides visitors with a magnificent, 360-degree view of what some consider to be the greatest harbor in the world. Night time views of Sydney Harbour with the city lights reflected in the water is absolutely breathtaking and sure to leave magical images imprinted in your mind forever.
3. Fraser Island
Situated off Australia’s eastern Queensland coast and stretching for a distance of more than 120 km, Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world. Visiting the island gives you the opportunity to see The Cathedrals, the imposing cliffs that stand proudly behind the sandy-colored beach. Fraser Island is also home to Indian Head, a rocky outcrop on the easternmost tip of the island. An eco-tourism destination, Fraser Island, with its beaches, lakes and freshwater pools, is definitely one of the top 5 sights in Australia.
4. The Great Ocean Road
The world-famous Great Ocean Road, one of the many wonders of Australia, is well-worth a visit. Driving along this 150-mile stretch of road is truly a memorable experience. At the end of the drive, you are rewarded with stunning views of the Twelve Apostles, tall pillars of resilient rocks emerging from the sea just off the coastline. Their formation came about from the Southern Ocean constantly gnawing away at the limestone cliffs over the years. It is a strange yet incredibly beautiful sight in Australia that shouldn’t be missed.
More than likely one of the most famous natural landmarks in Australia, Uluru, more commonly known as Ayers Rock, is an enormous sandstone monolith that stands in the western area of the Simpson Desert, a short distance away from the “Red Center” of the country. According to studies conducted, the rock was created over a period of more than 600 million years. Although named Ayers Rock in 1873 after Sir Henry Ayers, Uluru – its official name, was given to the structure by the Aborigines who have lived in the area for the past 10,000 years.
These are considered by many to be the top 5 sights in Australia. There are, however, countless more to choose from to visit and explore during your stay.
A traveller is most often fond of photography and a professional photographer is almost always fond of travelling and loves to capture photos of his explorations. This beautiful combination has given the world several gems in the form of amazing photographs of beautiful sights, scenes and of course, living beings. If you are a travel photographer, here is a list of some of the best cameras for travel photography for you to consider.
1. The Fujifilm X-T2 – With standout features like full mechanical dial core settings, electronic viewfinder, cinema 4k video, five-axis image stabilization and many more, the Fujifilm X-T2 is undoubtedly a top choice for travellers around the world. A robust body and the well-balanced 24.3 megapixel sensor work impressively at all times and under any circumstances. It promises amazing control and ease of use with a little practice. The Fuji’s proprietary film emulations, like in all Fujifilm models, are loaded in this camera too, allowing smooth shooting with little to almost no post-processing requirements.
2. The Sony A7RII – This model from the Sony A7 series is one of the top mirrorless-cameras so popular among travel photographers. With an exceptionally sharp 42.4 megapixel back-illuminated sensor and a 35mm full frame, this camera will hardly disappoint you irrespective of the adverse shooting environments. It effectively packs numerous pixels into its sensors and is incomparable in this regard. Some of its other features include Wi-Fi, electronic viewfinder, 4K video, USB charging, hybrid autofocus and five-axis image stabilization. Using a Metabones adapter with these lenses is recommended for the users.
3. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 – This particular Panasonic model is perfect for the travel photography beginners are is often preferred as a backup camera by the pros. The most remarkable feature of this model comes in the form of the moveable electronic viewfinder. It makes shooting videos surprisingly easy and effective whether you want a 90 degree shot, a 45 degree shot, a fully vertical shot or a low angle one. The tilt and swivel OLED monitor and low-light autofocus are among the other notable features. It is also splash and dust proof ensuring longer life.
4. The Olympus TG-4 – This model from Olympus comes under the category of one-pocket size, rugged and point-and-shoot cameras that perform exceedingly well and are very easy to handle. The TG-4 model is the first rugged camera with the potential for RAW shooting. It is a go-anywhere-and-everywhere camera in the true sense as you can use it from 50 feet underwater, drop it or operate it in dusty environments without damaging it or affecting the image it captures. The camera comes with a .3 BSI CMOS sensor and 16 megapixels along with features like interval shooting, super macro modes and advanced GPS.
5. The Nikon Cool Pix P900 – This model from Nikon is one of the most affordable travel-friendly cameras available out there. The Nikon Cool Pix P900 boasts of an excellent focal length coupled with a very helpful stabilization system that makes long distance travel shooting smooth, easy and highly effective. Apart from the .3 sensor and 16 megapixels, the model has several beneficial features like Wi-Fi, electronic viewfinder, USB charging, preset modes, multi-axis horizon viewfinder aide, GPS and a very useful articulating screen. Using a tripod with this camera is recommended.
While all of these are top models with praiseworthy functionality, make sure to choose your camera based on what suits your style of travel photography and what are your expectations from the camera.